Why is it important to have a licenced Arctick RAC air conditioning and refrigeration mechanic install my air conditioner?

Arctick licensed RAC air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics are licensed to maintain and repair your air conditioner and not just install your air conditioner.

Arctick licenses

The Australian Refrigeration Council (Arctick) issues two different licences for technicians who work with split system air conditioners.  The licenses are identified as;

Splits: This is a restricted licence which permits a technician to install and decommission a single head split system air conditioning system to 18kw only.  The splits licence does not allow the technician to service or repair an air conditioner.

RAC: for all refrigeration and air conditioning.  This licence recognises fully qualified tradespersons who are allowed to install, service or repair and decommission all types of air conditioning.  The RAC tradesperson has undertaken a four year apprenticeship in air conditioning and refrigeration.

What size air conditioner do I need?

A system that is too small will have to work harder and for longer periods of time to get to temperature. An air conditioner that is too large will be inefficient and expensive to run.  It is important to get Ace Air Conditioning and Refrigeration to come and size up your room, to make sure you get the right air conditioner for your requirements.

Why should I service my air conditioner?

Failure to service your air conditioner will result in increased energy consumption, a loss of cooling and heating capacity and will reduce the life of your air conditioner.

A warranty requirement for certain brands of air conditioners is that the system is regularly serviced. Don’t risk voiding your warranty.

How frequently should my air conditioner be serviced?

Residential – An annual service will help keep your air conditioner working to optimum capacity.

Commercial – The air conditioning should be serviced every month.

What is reverse cycle air conditioning?

The air conditioner provides both heating and cooling.

What is an inverter?

Inverters are relatively new technology that allows the air conditioner to vary its output power as it is needed. Inverter systems are more economical to run and are usually quieter than fixed speed units.

What is a split system?

This air conditioner has one indoor unit which is commonly mounted on the wall and one outdoor unit. These units are suitable for a range of areas from a small bedroom to a large open plan living area.

What is a ducted system?

This is a system which can provide heating and cooling for the whole house.  Cool or heated air is moved through ducts running in the ceiling to different parts of the house. The ducted unit has one outdoor unit and one indoor unit. The indoor unit is usually concealed in the ceiling cavity. Ducted systems are often zoned.

What is zone control?

Zone control is usually used with ducted systems. The house is split into different zones which allows you to air condition different areas at different times and for certain zones to be switched off when not in use.

Payment options?

Payment can be made by bank transfer, visa and mastercard and by cheque.